In a 2020 playground… a slide, a tire swing, a wiggle tube, and a pile of woodchips is not enough. Sensory playgrounds have gotten more attention each year, promising not just a fun experience, but the ability to promote development or activate all senses. Perhaps more importantly, they offer children of all abilities the chance to participate, without ostracizing those who have mental or physical limitations.
What’s next: Sensory playgrounds are a byproduct of people paying more attention to inclusive design, which is a growing area of attention in the digital realm as well. According to The Inclusive Design Imperative by Forester, some 80% of companies tailor their designs to the general population, but miss out on opportunities to cater to the other 20%. Companies that are inclusive in 2020 won’t only avoid potential legal battles, but increase their addressable market.
Available exclusively to Trends subscribers
Understand upcoming market trends, receive our premium weekly report, access our database of research, and network with the smartest people we know
14 Day Trial
Join Trends now for $1!
Already a member? Log In.
Hear from our members:
Co-Founder / Udemy
Founder / Author of "Free PR"
Co-Founder / Vungle
What do you get with Trends:
The most powerful business peer group
Connect with thousands of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, executives and insiders. Collectively, Trends members have companies with tens of billions in revenue.
They say you’re the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with. Are you surrounding yourself with the right people? You are now.
Weekly Case Studies
Curated stories from the business world
Dive into the success stories of companies around the world and discover how they achieved.
In-depth trends analysis & monitoring
Discover what’s trending before it goes viral
Don’t press snooze on this opportunity: sleep supplements
The signal: As meditation becomes mainstream, people may be surprised to find that searches for sleep apps double their meditation counterpart. As people invest in getting a better night’s rest, there’s opportunity abound, including physical products like weighted blankets or premium PJs, supplements, popular insomnia drugs having their patents expire, companies paying their employees to sleep better, marketing for sleep specialists, or online sleep education (ex: sleep apnea test has 27k searches per month).
The alternative milk market is getting frothy
The signal: As more people wave goodbye to dairy, alternative milk is slowly taking over; it has already cornered 13% of the market. With the exception of soy milk, all of the alt-milks have been on the up, with some of the newer entrants including hemp milk and pea milk. Other alt-products are getting attention, including cashew cheese, with 18100 searches per month.
Capitalizing on the Airpods market, making more money than Shopify
The signal: Since killing the headphone jack, Apple has graced the world with AirPods, which did an estimated 60m units in 2019. That means AirPods alone are bringing in approx ~$10b in revenue, more than Twitter, Shopify, or Spotify, to name a few popular tech giants. Opportunity lies in Apple opening up SiriOS or the wave of iPhone accessories (including cases, cleaning kits, hooks, and keychains) which have shown “hockey stick” growth alongside their hardware predecessor.
Leading experts share their knowledge
Attend exclusive lectures from experts in the industry and stay in the know
14 Day Trial
Join Trends now for $1!