Welcome to Trends!
Read this to understand how to get the most out of your subscription.
What to expect next:
✉️ Weekly Newsletter
Each Tuesday our team of analysts send out their latest findings. This email will be your main source of content from Trends.
Here are some of the most popular newsletters that you’ve missed.
- The best opportunity in real estate (link). We show how the “personal trainer” space is still growing like crazy, deconstruct the gas station industry, and interview the CEO of a large real estate business.
- Dig into the financials of 400+ small businesses (link). Half of all people over age 75 have a hearing problem, but 80% of them don’t seek help. We break down the opportunities. Plus, our new small business database provides a window into successful startups
- Non-alcoholic Beer is Buzzing (link). As beer sales go flat, NA beer is on the rise. Because of the wellness movement and the Middle East’s strict alcohol laws, the market is expected to grow 8% a year. Also… cold brew coffee, which is expected to grow at a 25% CAGR the next few years, is moving directly into workspaces via kegs.
- To see the rest of the weekly email archive, click here.
🤨 Private Community
- How to consolidate local service businesses (link)
- Ever dreamed of owning an avocado farm? (link)
- How to balance multiple businesses (link)
- Someone…please build this product for me and I’ll be your first customer! (link)
- So one of our portfolio companies is a fitness company that has gone from 0 to $160,000/month in 14 months…(link)
📊 Archived reports, case studies and interviews
Along with the weekly email, we dive deep on different business trends and case studies. Those are hosted on our website. You can view them all here. Below are some of the most popular.
- How Native Grew From $0 to a $100m Acquisition in Two years (link)
- How One Company Created a Niche Market for Young People Who Want Fancy Bibles (link)
- The $33B market staring you in the face. How to make a mint in the fast-growing billboard business (link)
- The Big Business of Expired Pharmaceutical Patents (link)
- Online Plant Sales Are Set to Bloom (link)
We track millions of pieces of data to show you the best opportunities. We’re constantly updating our databases and creating more.
In each weekly newsletter we show you a few fast growing Trends. Check your weekly email to see each week’s signals.
To see past signals, click here.
Yes, personal trainers have been around for a long time. But searches for trainers keep growing at a steady rate. Another reason to think we’re still at the beginning of their demand? Kinesiology and Exercise Science has been the fastest growing major for junior colleges and four-year colleges since 2010, according to a Chronicle of Higher Education analysis.
Early adopters: Personal training could migrate online—truly “near you”—à la spinning with Peloton. No similar service yet exists for personal training, although individual trainers have started offering their work online.
Worldwide, particularly in Asia, demand has been rising for companies that deliver medicine to people’s doors. Search interest has picked up since 2017, peaking to its highest levels yet this summer. Unlike in the US, the market is less established in other countries.
Early adopters: GrabExpress, in Singapore, recently partnered with WhiteCoat to increase its delivery capabilities. Milkbasket, which is closing $50m in investments, might start delivering medicine in India.
We’re super excited to have you on board!
Again, welcome to Trends. We’re excited to have you. If you have any questions or feedback, please shoot us an email at [email protected] We read every email and iterate on feedback each week.
So, until next week’s email, please check out the links above and join our community and say hello.
See you in your inbox!
– the Trends team