In an exclusive Trends AMA, the Vungle co-founder offers tips on founder relationships and fundraising, and describes his vision for the future of mobile advertising
1 Minute Read
Private equity giant Blackstone acquired the video advertising startup Vungle last week in a reported $750m deal.
Jack Smith, a co-founder of Vungle, joined us for an exclusive Trends AMA the next day.
Below are 6 takeaways from the Q&A, in which Smith answered questions about how he got his start, what helped him scale the business, and what trends he sees next in advertising.
1. “Stress test” your relationship before going into business with someone you know.
2. Follow the “Mom Test” to determine the viability of your idea.
3. The best way to acquire customers? Pound the pavement.
4. Metrics don’t matter in the early stages.
(Here’s the link to Jack’s Hustle Con talk he refers to above.)
5. Think like your customer. Don’t be afraid to take risks. And it’s OK to procrastinate.
(Here’s the video where Jack talks about procrastinating.)